Presently I’m using my M22s as DSX wide speakers in an 8.2 setup. Prior to that, before I had my projector and screen, I was using a single M22 as a center speaker below my HDTV. Prior to that I was using the M22s as L/R mains in temporary (4 month) setup in my apartment after tearing most of my system down so I could box it up in anticipation of moving.

If I decide to keep using wide speakers I think I may order a pair of M2s to try in that role as I think they M2s would be sufficient as wides based on Fred’s comments using them a centers for his M80s. Then I would move the M22s to another room to use on their own.

Also keep in mind that you can always continue to use your Polks as surround or rear speakers until you get some QS8s. Sometimes something is better than nothing. My first surround speakers were detached speakers form a boom box being feed directly off the analogue outs on my Oppo. My sub woofer was a Buttkicker LFE kit.

Something you might consider if you plan on being in a townhouse for some time is that a Buttkicker (or other tactile transducer) will give you the shaking and rumbling of a good subwoofer w/o going through the walls and disturbing your neighbors. Might be worth the investment down the road if you plan on sharing walls with other people for some time. But get a good subwoofer first.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1