I would think that an Axiom expert can answer as to why the QS8's are more expensive than the M22's, but it's probably because of their more sophisticated, omnidirectional design.

But, they do have a reputation of being perhaps the finest surrounds for HT out there for the money.

I plan on using M2's for my surround speakers in my bedroom set-up since the dispersion characteristics of the QS8's won't be needed in that space. Good timbral matching for a "music first" system.

Now for my living room, the QS8 will be perfect, since there will be more space around them to "breath". This will be coupled with another set of M22's, Vp150, subwoofer, \:\) and will be a "movies first" set-up. For critical living room two channel listening, I will use a pair of M80's couple with a sub. I will have a lot of Axiom speakers in the house!

I mix projects in surround, and in the audio/film world, we use all matching speakers (mains, center, surrounds) for critical monitoring and mixing.

If anyone is interested, these are the speakers that I use in my recording studio for surround projects (music/film): http://www.abluesky.com/asp/catalogue/catalogue.asp?linkid=17

They are used by a lot of post production places.

So, that movie you are watching was probably mixed on a system like this. I know that George Lucas has been using them extensively at Skywalker Ranch studios. That's how I heard about them!

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
---Frank Zappa