Listener-

The room is 11ft wide by 13ft deep with 7ft ceilings. Those aren't really bass traps, just regular acoustic panels...they don't contain nearly enough fiberglass board to stop low freq waves \:\) There are VERY few soft surfaces in the room, so I went with regular acoustic panels just to stop some of the mid- and high-freq echoes at the first and second reflection points. Please see the link I posted earlier in this thread to my home theater construction post...it shows pictures of how I made the acoustic panels. I'll be happy to PM you more detailed instructions, if you would like...just let me know.

jumbo-tron:

Thanks for the compliment, and by all means, please steal my design and improve on it! Looking back, there are so many things I would do differently now. Unfortunately, a very large portion of the room was alread finished when I decided to make it a dedicated home theater. If only I would have had unframed walls when I started the HT project...I would have hidden all the speaker wires in the walls, wall-mounted the TV, put the components in a separate room and installed an IR repeater system. Live and learn, I guess...

To all-

Glad to hear that there are others on these forums listening to industrial/metal...it does not seem as though I have run across many thread discussing this genre of music. I have to say that I listened to the "White Zombie, Greatest Hits: Past, Present, and Future" last night and was amazed at how well that CD is mixed and how great it sounded in DTS Neo:6. Amazing stuff!