ClubNeon-

I actually listen to music using both decoding methods. I have found some CDs sound much better in one or the other, while other CDs sound pretty much the same through both.

From my limited experience so far (let me stress the "limited"), I have found the the Dolby ProLogic II creates a MUCH more enveloping surround field than what DTS Neo:6 creates. However, sometimes I feel that this diffuse soundfield gives a bloated and somewhat less accurate feeling to the music. I've also found that Dolby ProLogicII will oftentimes place instruments in the virtual surround field when I don't think they should be there.

For example, "The Best of the Chieftains" CD has, for the most part, all of the instruments and musicians placed correctly in front of the listener. However, there are a few times when an instrument will join the song from the rear soundfield, which to me just sounds strange. It is not an ambient reflection, but almost like another musician decided to pick up and start playing away from the main group. This problem disappears when I switch the decoding to DTS Neo:6.

However, "KT Tunstall's: Eye to the Telescope" sounds flat and lifeless in DTS Neo:6. For that CD, the sound is much richer and more enveloping in Dolby ProLogicII. So I guess it all depends on the CD...or maybe it is my receiver???

For 2-channel movies (Netflix Roku box), I exclusively use Dolby ProLogicII cinema...sounds so much better than DTS!