Ian,

Thank you very much for the reply! After hours of listening to the "new" EP800 this weekend, I'm at the point where I want to turn the old one off \:\) There is that much of an improvement! Although I had what I considered adequate bass before, I always felt that there was only a small improvement from my prior EP500s. With the new amp, the EP800 is a totally different animal. The new one scares me.

I have the new EP800 set at only 50% on the gain knob, and I think I will have to turn it down a but more (I'll know for sure after I recalibrate). All music is much deeper and tighter, and it does not sound like the sub is "straining" anymore. I watched "The Dark Knight" on Blu-Ray last night with my wife, and the bass was so intense in some scenes that I actually started to get a feeling of fear or worry (I don't know how else to put it, but did you ever get a feeling when you were listening to something that is so intense you think to yourself that you should not be listening to it?). It actually shook my projector which is mounted to a structural beam on the celing, and the subs are on the concrete pad of the house in the basement!

I REALLY look forward to seeing how the pair of EP800s will perform! Again Ian, thank you very much for the redesign, I LOVE the way the sub performs now!

-Steve

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7