OK, first I know I do not need more than one sub, but I want two. thats a period two subs, unless we are talking the EP800.
I am not getting into the discussion about omni-directional and what is too much or too little. That's why there are volumn controls on the subs, so if I have two I can adjust them and turn them down.

My room is 15 x 28 well the Viewing is 15 x 21 x 8. extra 7 ft is entrance and popcorn bar to be.
I have been researching and researching and going nuts. Here is what I am down to, mind you given most companies are online buying, you cannot hear/compare any but the Paradigm's and or Energy's.

I want to spend no more than $2500 - $3000 for subs and well cheaper is better I want bang for buck with the best sound.
Which is why after alot of consideration and previously owning Axiom's M80 vp150 and QS8's, I am going to get Axiom once again for the main 7. I have eliminated Enrgy's RF-70 system and was down to Paradigm Studio 60 or 100 but at $6800 and $7500 for the Seven speakers that's alittle much. Plus, the post here from that guy in Cali about he owns the Studio's and just bought Axioms M80 and well I think every room is Axiom something now. His reply, that there was not a lot of difference except for the $$$ made me realize, I should stick with what I like.
Now the dissision is Real Wood Cherry for the M80 or HG Cherry or All Outlets. The VP150 and QS8's are all going to be outlet bought. So goes for the sub(s) anyways to topic on hand

Help ..... here are my options I am down to and if you have heard any or can/have compared other than just internet research please comment and just a little about why you choose the sub. Also, please feel to comment on which is best for this size room two EP500 or the EP 800.

My choices are down too:
Two EP 500 $2510
EP 800 $2664
Two HSU VTF3 MK3 quote coming but $1000 ea
Two HSU ULS-15 quote coming but $2349 pair plus shipping
Two SVS SB12 $1900
Two Rythmik Audio 12's $2200

Thanks

PS I also reviewed that Finnish guys post on his testing of subs and HSU he has above Axiom, specially bang for the buck. but, they are American and no retailers in Canada are not a fav. Really I am laying towards Axiom alot but SVS is right up there too

Last edited by troyd; 12/30/09 08:42 PM.

Anthem MRX520
M5HPv4
VP160HPv4
QS10v4