Thank you guys for your advice. Eventually in a few weeks, if I can't make up my mind, I will probably take a day off and visit the Axiom office.

Adrian:
Regarding the reflection problem, what do you mean by that? How will the sound be affected by that? Will the speakers sound unclear or muddy? Is the rug really necessary? Trying to convince the wife to put a rug won't be an easy task \:\) Isn't the Audessey Multi EQ suppose to help with this type of problem?

Alan:
Thank you very much for your input. I am glad to hear that the 80s will still have a slight edge over the 60s even paired to a sub.

If possible, I would like to have more comments from people that have owned or heard both speakers and the reason why they have picked one over the other?

It seems that the more I read, the more confused I get. I've read from a few Axiom owners that even the M22s paired to a sub will sound very similar to the 80s which, to me, is very surprising specially considering that they cost 1/3 of the price. If this is true I might also consider them, which make my decision even more complicated but considering the price, it's very tempting considering that even if I would go with the 80s, I would still probably buy a sub in the future for movies purpose. The only thing that turns me off is that they are bookshelves. I would rather have floor standings and these M80s sure look damn good \:\) but does looks justify the price tag...

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."