Hello,

I plan on ordering the following setup:
2 x M22 v2
2 x QS8 v2
1 x VP150 v2

and an HSU STF-2 or finding a decent used sub.

I'm having a real hard time deciding on a receiver.

I got a Denon AVR-890 on sale for $629 CAD, and also a Pioneer VSX-9040TXH for $629 CAD. I also like the Onkyo 707.

Between the 3 (unless someone has another suggestion, or I can find a 3310 or 807 for a decent price) which would be the better receiver? I plan on purchasing a new TV in a few months, I would guess this would do most of the up scaling I would need?

I am somehow convinced that the Denon is the best, but I don't like the fact that it has a plastic cover, or a cheap cap over the front inputs, or no serial port for firmware updates.

The 707 is nice, and has a front HDMI which I really like, and the serial port. I've read that it isn't as good for video processing. This is also THX certified (not sure if it's really that big of a deal?).

The Pioneer has THX, and a lot of other features...as well as a front USB port to play things off a memory stick or iPod's.

Could anyone provide we with a nudge in the right direction? I know auditioning them would be the best, but since I don't have speakers yet, and each system would have different speakers hooked up, I really wouldn't be able to do a fair evaluation.

Thanks...

S