Believe it or not, but you do get used to it. The hardest part is getting through the transition between 20F and -50F. Once you are there, you just prepare for it and worry about other things that you can control. I wear shorts to the gym in the mornings down to about 0, and then I wear sweat pants. It does make riding the sleds a bit more challenging when the needle dips under 0F. You need to take more time ensuring that you don’t have any skin exposed or you will get frost bit adn won't even know it till you get somewhere warm. One strange benefit is that tires stick to the icy roads better when it gets about -30F or cooler when you’re clipping down the highway. You know it’s cold when you need to take a weed burner to your home heating propane tank to get it to vaporize and while you are heating the home propane tank, you need to occasionally heat up the weed burner propane tank with the weed burner….. Tires do a clunk-clunk-clunk for a while at around -50 or so until they warm up and get rid of the flat spot...... I have a video that a co-worker made for one of the grade schools. It’s about -40 and he is holding a steaming hot cup of coffee. He throws it straight up in the air above his head and it vaporizes. Not a drop hits the snow. Pretty cool trick we do for the southern newbie’s that come to work up here.