I did drag the 60s out of the storage closet this morning and set them up side by side with our 80s, firstly and without having the system turned on all morning I connected the 60s and played Elton John's 'Honky Chateau' SACD. Initial impression was that the sound a bit muffled compared to what I am accustomed to, thinking it may have been the disc I connected the 80s and my first reaction was 'Yep, there's the sound that I am used to'. The 60s are great speakers and I would certainly recommend them to anybody but *to me* they don't have the same detail, depth and dynamics that the 80s have, seems like the 80s just filled the room so easily and at lower listening levels the 80s seem like they stay more consistent with the detail. I'm going to leave the 60s in the room for a few days and may even get a nice A/B switcher so that I can more easily swap between the two.

On a side note, I discovered this tweeter damage on the top tweeter of my left 80, the tweeter is working fine as far as I can tell but I believe they are still in warranty and will shoot Axiom a photo ... even if they are not in warranty I'll still replace the tweeter. I can't figure out how the damage may have happened, it's been a long while since the grills have been removed so I don't know how long it's been like this.

Rick
Our Room

smile