Originally Posted By: Smitty4ut
I was just wandering if anyone knows if they are coming out with new versions of their speakers. It seems the the M80 V2 have been out for a while. Just wandering.

Thanks for the info

This question has been asked before. What I understand is that the V1 to V2 along the entire axiom speaker lines are minor changes such as how the grill is attached to the speaker, different 5 way binding posts, and other minor cosmetic changes that don't effect sound quality. The versions that seem to have had measured sound quality changes are the Axiom M80 which had the crossover tweaked and was changed after some double blind listening tests, the EP350 v2 to v3. The M2 I think had changes to a 1" tweeter that would give it better on and off axis performance. The same 1" tweeter that is used on the majority of Axioms speakers was also added to the QS4 as well.

At this point in the product lines I don't think there would be any substantial changes made to the sound quality. Maybe they will have a whole new speaker design in the future?

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne