Originally Posted By: JohnK
As Alan and others have pointed out in the past, the dialog in the center channel in some DVDs isn't mixed high enough for easy intelligibility.

Yes, it seems to be the case. All my recent movies, including blu ray are very hard to understand. However some older movies seem to be better. I was just watching "Dark City" and the dialog was clear. This is pretty bad, it got to the point where my wife would rather watch movies thru the TV speakers. In order to understand the dialog properly, I have to bump up the volume to like -10dBs but then of course, when the action comes up it's too loud. I guess I will have to get the VP150 as soon as I can...

For the remote, I was just looking at the URC-R50. It can be found for around $80. Any one has experience with this remote? The reviews seem pretty good. However it looks like it can not remember the power state of each device like the Harmony. For those of you with URC remotes, is there a way to get around that? For example, if you are listening to music and want to watch a movie, how does it know that the DVD and receiver are already ON in that case and only needs to turn ON the TV?

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."