Originally Posted By: CatBrat
I have a friend has one that has the freezer on the bottom. It shure is a hastle having to get down on your knees to get ice cubes out of it.

Bingo.

We have friends that have one of those. It's a really nice fridge, and having the frozen stuff on the bottom is fine. Except, of course, for the ice cubes. While it's not quite the case that you literally have to get down on your knees, but you do sort of have to bend over and root around to get ice cubes.

We had a really bad experience with a GE refrigerator. From the fridge's problems and the way GE treated us in simply trying to get a working fridge, we now shy away from GE products in general if we can help it. In a nutshell, we paid $1,500+ for a "premium" fridge. It never worked correctly and GE was incredibly uncooperative in trying to resolve the problems. Too cold, too hot (multiple occasions of a fridge full of ruined food), ice maker quit, touchpad quit. It required four service visits from rude GE repairmen the first year while under warranty. GE always conveniently "lost our case file" between the fixes (even when given case #'s, names, dates, invoices, etc) , so they refused to acknowledge or believe that it was simply a lemon.

Three months after the one-year warranty expired, it ceased working again. The repair estimate was $600+ to replace (another) failed logic board. At that point, I was done.

The best day in that fridge's life was when a local appliance store gave me $100 trade-in allowance for it on a new fridge. We bought a Frigidaire that has been quietly doing it's job, day-in and day-out, for the past five years.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office