Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
Has anyone taken an Axiom speaker apart and inspected the cross-overs?

What I am saying is that Axiom should reduce the price of its current lineup of speakers - offer a slightly more expensive line of upgraded speakers using upgraded components and then a 3rd line of speakers which target the 'icons.'

I am not saying that any more expensive capacitor or resistor or coil would result in an improved sound. I'll bet that some would.

Further my first question - the cross-over in an M3 the cap and resistor cannot cost much. I have no desire to hurt anyone's feelings by venturing a guess as to how much those parts cost.
What do you think a 5 1/2" or 6 1/2" axiom driver costs? I have an idea, but again, I'll keep it to myself. The 1" tweeter? the mdf cabinet?

Axiom speakers are wonderful but basic efforts. There is no internal metal structure like in some speakers, but they get the job done. I think axiom could sell the current line of speakers at a significantly lower price - no middle man, and sell alot of them.

Just my 2 shekels.

FWIW, I look at an Axiom speaker as more than simply the sum of its parts. They are a business with expenses, wages, advertising, overhead, etc. to pay, all of which go into the development and production of the speakers. Plus they offer outstanding service and support.

Lowering the price would be possible if Axiom was a one man operation working out of his home, but the selling price is set where it is for a reason. At the end of the day, they need to cover all costs incurred in making the product and then make a profit.