Originally Posted By: 2x6spds
The point is not whether I prefer the Ushers, or whether I can afford them, it is that Axiom should identify the best speakers in class and try to match them at a much lower price.

I think everybody does understand that this is your main point. You want Usher-like sound for non-Usher prices, from Axiom. It seems that you have this desire based only upon a frequency response graph. I asked before, but I'll ask again:

2x6, have you or have you not:
  1. heard the Usher speakers you're holding up as a model?
  2. been able to compare them to any Axiom speakers in the same setting?
These are basic questions. On what foundation are you placing your premise?

Now, wid, kcarlie [sic] and pmbuko seem to be unwilling to accept the premise of my post. Instead of dealing with my point, they take my suggestion as an insult to Axiom, in general, to Ian, in particular, and now suggest if I like the Ushers so much why don't I save up and buy a pair. This is obtuse ... but by choice.

Is that any more obtuse than calling Axiom speakers "wonderful but basic efforts" ? Is that not an insult to Axiom, a company that has worked for nearly three decades to bring consumers ever increasing sound quality for extremely reasonable prices?

pmb and kcarlie [sic] - A claque of flacks - you don't do Axiom proud in my opinion.

Ad hominem attacks don't help your case.