I think a lot of people are getting miffed about nothing. 2x6 offered a suggestion which I interpreted to mean Axiom should consider producing more than one “line” of speakers (high, middle, low) like most other manufactures. And that with Axiom’s expertise in price/performance they could blow the “higher” end competition out of the water with better performance at a lower price. If my interpretation of his intent is correct I see nothing wrong with it on the surface as most other manufactures use a multi-tiered model quite successfully. However, IMO it’s a marketing gimmick based on “price discrimination.” While it’s an effective business model it tends to lock the buyer in.

I said “on the surface” because I feel that type of model would deviate from what I see as a unique Axiom philosophy of making “purpose built” speakers which are all designed to work together depending on ones needs. So rather than “tiered” speaker lines Axiom allows the selection of “tiered” systems based on such things as room size and listening habits. I remember reading one review a long time ago where the reviewer gave kudos to Axiom for recognizing the importance of the relationship between room size and speaker size and not just that bigger is always better. The ubiquitous nature of Axiom’s speakers offers me the user a great deal more flexibility in my speaker purchase and use than had I chosen to go with a manufacture who made speaker lines that were not necessarily sonically compatible with each other.

I don’t want to see Axiom develop a “high end speaker line” simply because it will just make them more like the rest of the competition.

On a side note another part of what I see as the “Axiom Philosophy” that I like is to start out buy building a great speaker and then just tweak it’s performance over time. I hate when companies keep running out “new speaker lines” as if speaker technology has just suddenly taken a great leap forward.

More generally this is what I see as “Axiom’s Philosophy” (some might say business model but since I feel they have a lot of passion for what they do I would say it goes beyond just a business model) One large interchangeable group of purpose built speakers offering more flexibility than any other maker. Sticking with tried and true designs and just tweaking them over time or introducing only new designs that perform a specific function (in/on wall, outdoor) extend and existing capability (EP800). Honesty in pricing (i.e. no huge “sales” and shipping included in the price). All these point to two things I don’t see to the same degree in any other speaker manufacture. Confidence in there product and respect for their customers (i.e. no attempt to lure people to buy the latest and greatest or jump on this weeks super deal).

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1