Hi Gerry and welcome to the Axiom forums. I read that you were trying to biamp the M80s with your receiver because this is what the audio guy advised. (What did the cable guy advise? \:\) ) You cannot biamp the M80s without an external active crossover. I asked Alan once and this was his reply:

"Terminals on the M80s do not permit true bi-amping. The gold straps only separate the upper and lower frequency portions of the M80's crossover. The internal crossover still remains active.True bi-amping would involve removing the M80s's crossover entirely and substituting an outboard electronic crossover that allows independent selection of crossover frequencies, slopes, etc. and the use of two or three amplifiers for the woofers, midrange drivers and tweeters.For all practical purposes, bi-amping of speakers in domestic set-ups does not bring audible benefits. In double-blind tests I've performed, I could not distinguish between bi-amped speakers and the same speakers fed through its own passive internal crossover."

Last edited by ihifi; 02/12/10 12:59 AM.

John
Our HT