Just for fun, another one of those "What speaker should I get threads?"

My goal is to have a uniform sound field. I don't want to have a different timber/sound when the effects pan. My use is overwhelmingly for home theater and video games (mostly first person shooters and action games). I listen to maybe 5% music. I figure with my high consumption of action media, localization would be a good thing?

I am hoping to wall mounting my plasma with enough space underneath that I can place a M22 all but flush with the bottom of the TV set while ensuring that the tweeter is about ear level. If this cannot be accomplished, I will probably go for a VP100. I have an adequate sub that takes care of all of my LFE needs.

My question is about rears. My couch is about 10" from the back wall and maybe 2.5' from each of the side walls. To the direct sides of the couch (90 degrees) are windows/sliding glass doors. I have a strip of about 8" between the edge of the window and the back wall.

My original thought was to use the full metal bracket and put an M22 on each side of the couch in that narrow strip, as close to the window as possible. This would put the speakers at ~95-100 degrees to the sides of the listening position.

Because the strip is so narrow, It would be impossible for me to mount a QS8 on the side wall. My only choice would be to place them on the rear wall which is 10" from the couch. From all I read you should place QS8's on the side for 5.1 configuration. Mounting them on the back wall would effectively put the downward firing woofer directly over the arms over the couch assuming I keep the QS8's a bit away from the side walls.

With my preference for action movies, tv shows, and video games, would I be better served by a QS8 or an M22? What about when my mounting limitations are factored in? Is there any tone difference between the M22 and QS8?

Thanks guys!