I would return the XPA-2 and get something else. If it’s distorting (staining) at 100dB while showing in the “blue” there is something wrong with it IMO. As a test to be sure it could handle it I played some very intense GOA Trance (150+ BPM) on my Onkyo 3007 at 100dB 3 meters away for two hours w/o noticing any distortion or shutting down with no extra ventilation. If a 140w/ch receiver can handle the M80s w/o a problem so to should a 500w/ch @ 4ohm amp. For that matter a 75w/ch tube amp should be able to handle that with just a tiny bit to spare.

OTOH, if you can’t listen at 100dB then it really shouldn’t matter that the amp can’t handle it.

Seems like Emo is having quality control issues with parts or something. I can’t think of what else would explain some people having no problem at all with a particular amp driving the M80s while others have shutdowns or distortion at levels it should breeze right through. But I’m sure Emo will blame the speaker. ;\)

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1