Quote:
I just got myself my first new receiver - a H/K AVR525. I really like it, but I've got a few issues, mainly centering around the fact I only have 2 speakers and a sub. I'd like to get a center channel speaker at least, but my wife thinks they're ugly (universally, not any in particular), and won't let me get one until I finish building the entertainment center. Not a problem, but I don't think she'll change her mind about the ugly thing after I finish the EC. I was brainstorming, and I need y'all to tell me if this is crazy. I was thinking that two bookshelf speakers placed very close to the TV might work as a center channel (with either a second amp, or one of those A+B speaker switches), and might be more aesthetically pleasing to her. I was thinking of M2tis as opposed to the VP100. Eventually, I plan to replace my current POS front speakers with M22tis. I'm not sure what to do with the surrounds yet; probably QS4s, or 4 QS2s (7.1 sound...)

Thanks in advance for not flaming me to oblivion....

Ken

Obviously the one that Peter replied to, and obviously not what I ended up doing...

I am the Doctor, and THIS... is my SPOON!