Luke seeing that got me to thinking last month i bought the last Terminator movie on blue ray, and i was trying to just watch the Fn movie... i do remember having to sit though a stupid amount of unskippable material, at one point i though something was messed up with my player that i couldn't skip some of those items, with the DVD's you have 1 maybe 2 screens that are unskippable, then you can just jump over everything else.. Granted i am kind of new to the whole Blue ray thing. But waiting 20 minutes just to start the movie is pretty ridiculous.

one other comment on Jakes link, I was thinking, I don't have any televisions in my house that have HDMI inputs, the TV in the main room is a HD but only has components, and the SD TVs in the bedrooms, and garage defiantly don't have HDMI, so how is Blue Ray going to become even more popular? When DVD's came out, all one needed was the player and a TV. Now with Blue Ray, you need the player, and you also need a HD TV, not everyone has an HD TV, and people that have had their HD TV's for a while like myself, now my 60" projection HD TV, will not work with a new Blue Ray player? And I don't even get a superior picture, just the same quality but am forced to use the HDMI cable?

Granted I just got an Oppo BD-83 last August, so right now I am ok. Until hollywood, think its a good idea, to start producing disks that disable the analog video.. If they do that, then I will probably just start downloading and burning the movies that i want to watch. I refuse to buy a new TV, just to watch a movie at the same resolution.

Last edited by dakkon; 02/23/10 07:25 PM.