Originally Posted By: michael_d
 Originally Posted By: Dr.House

As to "audioholics going down the tubes" is simply not true . I am interesed how one can come to that conclusion? Their reviews are better than ever and YES products that are sold in their store are held to their same review standards and do get CRITIZED (OPPO SE is latest example).

Without getting into a pissing contest that will serve absolutely no value by sighting examples, we all have our opinions. You have stated yours, I have stated mine. Your comments are based off your opinion, and perception of the truth, as are mine.

There was a time I frequented Audioholics. That’s how I ended up here six or seven years ago. I enjoyed the sight, the forums, the atmosphere, the reviews and the information. Not real sure when it happened, but a few years ago I stopped visiting / reading. The general atmosphere had changed and I found the information on the sight to be misleading with what I felt was a clear bias to advertiser’s product in the reviews. It has been about two years since I’ve bothered to spend any time or even click on the link to the sight. Maybe things have changed, gotten better, I have no idea. I have no dog in this fight and I really do not care one way or the other.

Your view is clearly based on opinion alone, mine is not.

http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/trans...y/oppo-bdp-83se

Oppo is both an advertister and is sold in their online store. I believe Yamaha is one of their biggest suppliers in their online store and they have had some non-favourable reviews of some of their products as well (I will try to dig them up).

When you provide credible measurements with your reviews, at the end of the day eliminates any "opinions/bias" of the reviewer.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne