I'm officially obsessing about something, and so thought I'd get the opinions of folks here. As the subject shows, my question has to do with scaling. I've tried to read up on this, but haven't found a satisfactory answer (and I have a hunch there may not really be one).

Here is what I have: PS3 used for gaming and DVD, Denon AVR-2310, Pioneer Elite 101FD monitor, Motorola digital cable box, and a Wii. Everything but the Wii is connected to the receiver via HDMI (and from receiver to TV using HDMI). The Wii is connected to the receiver via component.

I keep fiddling around with what to do about the scaling. As I understand it, and I could be wrong, I have three different pieces of hardware that will upscale to 1080p: the PS3, the AVR, and the TV itself. The question I have, assuming it can be answered generally at all, is which am I best off using? I understood from prior help folks have provided that the Denon may be the best choice to do the scaling, but I didn't really ask the question directly so it wasn't really answered directly in a prior thread. So, I've played around with different options, but my opinion changes each time (and I'm not even sure, in the end, whether there really is a discernible difference to my eye).

So, again, assuming it can be answered generally, please let me know if you have an opinion on how to scale in the following scenarios:

(1) When I'm gaming or watching a DVD on the PS3, should I scale using the PS3, using the Denon, or just leave it to the TV.

(2) When watching the cable box, should I have the Denon scale or just leave it to the TV?

(3) When playing the Wii, use the Denon or the TV?

Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts.