Thank you all.

Adrian, as usual, great advice, thanks. I guess I'll start with the rug. 8x11ft might be to much in my room due to the position of the couches and the entertainment unit (they only about 5ft from each other) so I guess I'll put an 5x8ft. I really hope that the thick pile will help because when I tried with bed sheets it helped a little bit but not as much as I would like. Maybe later I'll try the curtains and the rug on the wall as well.

Chris, nice trick with the mirror. For the reflection on the floor, I guess you just put it in front of the speaker and then start moving it away towards the wall, but how do you proceed for the wall, should I put it behind the main couch? And where do I position myself.

It's just too bad that I had a couple of months to get used to the sound with carpet. If I would have had hardwood from the beginning I guess it wouldn't have bothered me that much since I wouldn't have known any better. I wish now that I would have kept my money and finished buying my HT setup instead of the floor. I guess you live and learn... One thing is for sure is that it's the last time that I'll have a hard surface in my main listening area, from now on, carpet all the way!

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."