Ok so we all want to know what is the best 5.1-7.1 system for X dollars. I keep reading about companies like Axiom, DCM, Outlaw and the other usual suspects that have some highly reviewed system setups that the online audio site just rave about. Is all that high praise real, or are they getting something in return for such reviews?

I've been a fan from afar of Axiom for many years, and Outlaw use to be all the rage on some sites several years ago. Since it is hard for most of us to listen to such speakers, what can we really do?

I don't want to buy speakers, keep them for a month to test them, and then have to possibly return them, and then start the process all over.

It seems one can save a good amount of money buying direct. So should we listen to the hype and buy site unseen (or unlistened)? I've heard B&W, Paradigm and the usual crew of speakers, and many say Axiom are just as good, if not better (especially for the money). Can these direct online companies really compete and provide the same level of quality and sound?