I asked about "Bitstreaming Music thru the Windows Media Center interface over on the Core "i" thread over at AVS. and the below is the responses I got, in the first few minutes.

Originally Posted by wordgasm
Can you "bitstream" music (bypass the windows mixer) with the icore? If so what software do you need, I'm running wma lossless

Thanks

Jeff

You need to use a WASAPI renderer to bypass the mixer.

Today, 11:18 AM #2224 | Link
wordgasm
Advanced Member

Originally Posted by babgvant
You need to use a WASAPI renderer to bypass the mixer.

SOrry I've been focusing all my time on bitstreaming BluRay lately and haven't researched the music side. Will a WASAPI play thru the Media Center interface (WMP). Did a quick google on WASAPI renderer and don't see anything about it with WMC

Thanks

Jeff

Today, 11:20 AM #2225 | Link
babgvant

Originally Posted by wordgasm
SOrry I've been focusing all my time on bitstreaming BluRay lately and haven't researched the music side. Will a WASAPI play thru the Media Center interface (WMP). Did a quick google on WASAPI renderer and don't see anything about it with WMC

Thanks

Jeff

You can use Reclock and the MPC-HC audio renderers with WMC, but Reclock breaks live TV and the last time I used the MPC-HC renderer it was pretty beta.

Originally Posted by babgvant
You can use Reclock and the MPC-HC audio renderers with WMC, but Reclock breaks live TV and the last time I used the MPC-HC renderer it was pretty beta.

I should add that it's been a few months since I looked at the MPC-HC renderer. It could be much better now.

It's a shame that MC doesn't ship with an optional WASAPI renderer.

Last edited by wordgasm; 03/13/10 04:36 PM.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008