Originally Posted By: bigwill2

The pics were very cool, chess. For which varietals is BC known? It looked like lots of clear skies in the pics. Dodge Avenger? One guy ferments in tupperware?

I wish i had time to list all the wines we tasted with notes, but i just don't. There were too many.
I applaud michael_d for his efforts on the Napa post.

BC grows everything.
That's the simplest way to put it.
I did find more 'rare' grapes than usual. For example you see alot of chardonnay on the store shelves, cab sav, merlot, etc. but how often to you see a Zweigelt for sale?
Alot of people in BC were mixing with cab franc, zweigelt, chancellor, bacchus...

This port style wine i tried uses macerated green walnut in the brandy making process which gives the port an amazing different flavour.
Bought two bottles of those at $50 each. I would tell you the winery but this is a best kept secret for me. ;\)

As for the tupperware, well, that's the port style wine. If you look closely you can see the floating green (unripened/unhardened) walnuts. He had just finished mixing the blend and i believe it either goes to short oak from there or bottling. I don't recall.

Last edited by chesseroo; 03/14/10 05:07 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."