If you haven’t already check the speaker to make sure all the drivers are working. If you have some room to move it around a bit try pulling it out in front of the TV some. Nearby surfaces can sometimes impact the sound quality. Also, I’ve found that having the seating near the walls seems to cause this effect to be more pronounced.

On the other hand, what you are experiencing (sound like it’s hollow and coming from through a tunnel) I also experience with the VP150 in my present room. IMO that can be the nature of the VP150’s sound in some room/seating arrangements. Though in two other rooms I used it in this didn’t happen. I switched long ago to using an M22 and later and M80 as a center because I just don‘t like the sound quality of the VP150. If you tweak the VP150’s positioning to get it sounding right I would try trading it in for a M22 if you can fit one below your screen or a VP100 which from what I‘ve read should have this problem.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1