So, I was hanging at my local Best Buy choosing between the new Samsung Moment cell phone, Droid, and Crackberry. The cell phone area was right next to the Magnolia apse. After a while I realized I was hearing spectacular music reproduction. I took a look and saw a pair of modestly sized Martin Logan electrostats.

I wandered over and checked the Pioneer Elite receiver. I think the source was a Pioneer BluRay player. There was a DVD music disc of a wonderful jazz performance, some male vocalist I do not know, some wonderful trumpet solos. These Martin Logans were incredible. The realism was superior to anything I have heard for quite a while.

I ordered a Music Hall MMF 2.2LE turntable today. {Glossy white, Goldring made cartridge) So, while I was at Magnolia stunned into pleasure by the Martin Logans, I noticed they had a Pro-Ject Debut III table paired with some wimpy looking Mirage, I dunno, minitowers and a Mirage mini sub, and the sound was ... mini. Since the 2.2LE is made in the same factory as the Debut III, and comparable, I was fairly bummed and now looking forward with some unease to receiving my newest audio experimental devices.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.