I have not done a search to see if there is a good answer readily available to my question, as I'm not sure how to search the question or necessarily even how to describe the issue. So, I thought I'd ask for some general guidance.

I've noticed while watching all of my teams lose in the NCAA basketball tournament that when game action is being shown at a bit of a distance (i.e., when the camera is panned back a bit), parts of the picture get "blurry." It's hard to describe, but it's like the players get blocky or the pixels don't look right. It's almost like the TV can't keep up with the action or something. However, it doesn't ever happen on close up views. I've adjusted various settings on the TV and receiver, but nothing seems to help.

My questions are these--notwithstanding my bad description, any idea what the term for the problem would be, so I can try to research it? Also, is it safe to assume that this is likely an issue with the TV, as opposed to the receiver or the connection?

If it matters, the TV is a Pioneer Elite 101fd (plasma), connected to a Denon 2310 via HDMI.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the matter.