If Axiom were in fact to make a premium speaker, they should imo do it with music in mind, unless they plan on making accompanying centres and surrounds to go with it, which would be a huge undertaking and quite risky. It may add confusion to the mix if these "premium" speakers use different drivers ect, thereby sounding different, and people want to use them in an HT. "Where's the matching surrounds, centre channel..."

I thought of suggesting a slightly larger woofer, perhaps 7" or 7 1/2" to extend the bass a little more on the towers, but then what about people who may want to add more channels to a previous HT. Another thing I'd look at, is possibly developing a ring-rad tweeter like SB Acoustics or Vifa's XT which are very detailed and clean on the upper freq's. There are some extremely good ones on the market for $40-50 and if Axiom could come up with one in that price target....There's a lot of things to consider, and having too much to offer could dilute the brand. There's no doubt Axiom could put some $400 Scanspeak tweets and $500 drivers or develop their own at great cost, it's just whether it's going to be good business sense to do so. There are many good quality alternatives to expensive drivers and tweets out there to companies like Scanspeak, such as Vifa, Peerless and SB Acoustics to name a couple.

I'm all for experimenting, as a side project, making an upscale bookshelf as a marketing test, then depending on where that goes, for the moment it's best not to mess too much with what works.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.