Hi all, been a while since I've posted. I've moved into a new home (had twin baby girls) and am starting my design for my new HT room in the basement. I have two design options right now. The fundamental issue I have is deciding how to address seating. This room is going to be multipurpose as to what we use it for... movies, music, TV shows, sports, games. I'd like to get regular seating for about 8 people, if I have a party and need more, well those folks will need to use folding chairs or lay on the floor! I can't spend a ton of money on the furniture (would be no money left for the electronics!) so at first I thought I could use regular recliners, couches, love seats etc but as you can see from my (crappy) drawings I don't think those would work very well. So that leaves HT style seating.

HT Narrow
HT Wide

In the wide arrangement I would need to put all 8 in a row arching around the TV. The narrow arrangement I'd need to have two rows of seating. This was my original plan but I'm starting to like the wide design better as figuring out how to configure the 2nd row raised area with seating seems to be very difficult and it's not as symetrical as the wide design. My (crappy) drawings are to scale, I'd say accurate to about 4 inches or so.

I'm not looking to buy seating today but I need to know what's out there so I can build the room and then get seating that will fit it. I've only come across one 8 person seat and it was $10k which is way too much. Most of the stores I find have per person seating, usually around $500 a seat which would make it $4k but usually only in 3-5 person configurations.

I've valued the opinions of folks on these boards in the past and am looking to see what feedback and suggestions you might have. I am planning on using Axiom speakers again as I love the ones I currently have (M3, VP150, QS4).