Assuming they are an authorized dealer and that these speakers are not some kind of B stock items, then yes, the prices listed at those places are excellent.
In such case, Monitor Audio would have been my choice over the Axioms two years ago.
However, such was not the case here in town and i highly doubt it would be much different anywhere else in Canada.The prices we received we most likely the MSRP or possibly even inflated beyond that. Hence the prices i quoted are just the prices that the audio vendor gave to us. Usually they are always willing to strike a deal but that typically knocks off maybe $200 on a pair of $2000 speakers for a Cdn price of about $1800 or approx. $1360 USD.
It would still be cheaper to buy them in the US but only if you lived in the US. Otherwise as you say, the shipping (and duties) would put the price up considerably again.

I do find it annoying that i could have potentially had a speaker i liked even more but for only a small price premium. Something to consider in the future i suppose. With a new young one on the way, they will need their own system at some point....

Hmm, i wonder if 800stereo ships to Canada?...

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/12/04 05:19 PM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."