Hi, everyone.
Well, please refer to my last thread about front channel going out on Denon 3808 for context (if you have time and inclination). Now I have a new chapter to report. It has been about a week since the channel cut out and no test tone would play through the right front channel. The receiver has been used every day. This morning, all of a sudden, sound popped back into the channel!! My room is on a cement slab, so no motion or movement cajoled any wires or anything like that. I had turned the sub off since it was too boomy after losing my audyssey settings when re-setting the receiver, but other than that no changes whatsoever. Unfortunately, or fortunately, I have already ordered the 4310. My question - is this a sign of what is probably more intermittent failure coming? Or - do you think it just miraculously fixed itself? I checked several times and there was no firmware update needed. I do run a small fan on top of the unit, so it never gets that hot. And, when the channel popped into focus this morning, the unit had been on about an hour and I drove it for hours this weekend, so don't think it was related to temperature or anything. Any ideas on this strange behavior and should I cancel my order for the 4310 if it isn't too late? Even the Denon support said I'd have to send it in since there was no test tone playing through it (though the whole time, my icons on the receiver suggested it was playing through all channels even though I know the right front was getting no output until this morning). Thanks for any thoughts - very strange and perplexing.
Laura