With my PS3 broken again (this time thanks to a visitor, not the PS3s fault) I went out and purchased a Samsung BD6500. Instead of my usual tons of research, I went with a quick comparison and it had all the features I wanted (all audio formats decoded, accept streaming audio, movies etc. and SW updates via internet.) at a very good price ($200)and the few reviews I read were favorable. Also, an error on my travel expenses left me with a credit that removed the guilt of buying another player while waiting for another fix on the PS3.

I'm pretty happy with it but I do have one issue not fixed after performing the software upgrade. Randomly, a BD will start into the movie and there will be no center channel. The rest of the channels sound great but the center is missing.

I finally discovered that resetting the receiver input to the appropriate input for the BD player will bring it back. Therefore, it's not "directly" an issue with the new player but is most likely some sort of HDMI handshaking issue with this particular pairing. Receiver = Denon 3806

I have not experienced this issue ever with my PS3 or Toshiba HD player and I'm currently borrowing the HDMI cable formerly connected to the PS3 so the cable should be good.

Any thoughts out there? I hate to take it back when I'm otherwise satisfied and there is no guarantee another player would not have the same issue. Unlikely, but certainly possible.

Last edited by Murph; 05/03/10 05:46 PM. Reason: added receiver info

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.