Hi all, again, thanks for your replys. I'm still searching.

Adrian - Did check out AVU, they had an old Axiom speaker sitting in their showroom but said it had been there for years and no one knew where ir came from!!! Anyway they flogged Paradigm, did not get any quote. Then went to a higher end audio store in Toronto area and did get a quote. The DSP3100 was $575 when included with their package. Whole thing with Mini Monitor mains, Atom rear and 1910 receiver was app $2000 + tax.
Went there looking for sub price but they too flogged Paradigm and sort of poo pooed Axiom indicating they were too small a firm and really could not hold a candle to all the R&D that Paradigm did.
I must say their Monitor 7 floor sounded much fuller then the Mini Monitor but more expensive. They did not mention ADP190 surrounds and instead quote Atoms for this.

I appreciate what you and Grunt say about surrounds. I'll look hard into solving the wire/carpet problem.

Grunt - Thanks so much! Most here echo your thoughts on the M22 + sub as a great combination. What bugs me is having to pay for the stands and then adding a sub. So I'm thinking M60 no sub/centre but with QS4/8 if wiring resolved.

Micah - both you and Grunt seem to stress the sub with M22 so still scratching my old bald head on that one.

To add to the quandry, I called Axiom and spoke to a rep (Brent).
I explained my room and as soon as I mentioned M60 he jumped on it but also said I needed a center (VP100) as we do watch a lot of TV but not a sub with M60. He may well be right.

So now what? I was trying to keep the setup ~ $2k and use the Axiom outlet. Any other thoughts out there??? One of my concerns is total overkill with too much sound.

One other thing - how big a deal is it to hook all these components up? My buddy bought a HTIB from Costco for $400 and spent another $600 for a Harmony and the Geek Squad to hook it all up.