My kids come up every summer for 6 weeks, and we love to watch movies together. I just bought them a 46 inch tv for their room, and I would like to upgrade their sound so that they could watchh movies while I'm working on rainy days and such. I'm not really wanting to spend a ton of money on it because like I said, it's not going to get a whole lot of usage. And we do watch most of the better sounding movies in the main HT room anyway.

Still, I'd love to get them some Axioms to listen to their movies on. I doubt I'll invest any money in a subwoofer, so I was wondering between a set of M22's and M3's what would be a fuller sound? Their room is 12 1/2 x 12 with 8 foot ceilings. I'm sure either set will sound great, and I'm most interested in getting a set of M22's since they are so popular. I'm just wondering since so many people say for movies it's a must to pair M22's with a sub, and I don't really wish to purchase a subwoofer for their room, if the M3's would play a little more base?

I realize I'll probably completely blow this budget, but I'm not looking to spend much more than $500 bucks on this project. My son is 15 and my daughter 12, so in a few more years it'll be a guest room at best... and possibly even my fiancee's walk-in closet as she has outgrown her closet many times over already.

I also realize the vast majority of you will say the sound quality of the M22's make up for any bass they give up to the M3's... so I guess basically I'm looking for someone to make a case for the M3's. I've never really seen that done on here so far, so it may be a lost cause. I'm just curious I guess.

Thank you in advance for your advice/comments.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD