Chris, you know entirely too much about all this stuff! And I'm only saying that because I'm insanely jealous of your knowledge depth.

Alan, so with the two TV's right next to eachother you couldn't really see a difference in the vibrance? I've always been curious how they make yellow out of Red, Green & Blue? I've seen but one 3D movie at the theater in the last decade, and that was 'Beowolf'. But I have to be honest, it was a 3D iMAX and I thought it was cool as hell. WAY better than the 3D movies of the 80's.

Therefore I'm almost scared to put the glasses on and watch a 3D TV for fear that I'm going to want it as much as I wanted a High Definition television when they first came out in the late 90's. God I can still remember walking into Sears that 1st time and seeing the 1st 1080i display, what with the mountian scenes and the wildlife all captured and seemingly sitting right there in that little box... I was so mesmerized I could barely move! I'd heard people tout the new sets, but until I finally saw one for myself I had no idea how much better it could look. It did look as good as everyone said it did.

So I can imagine that once I've put the glasses on it very well could have the same impact on me? I don't know, I haven't put em on yet. I do appreciate how letting companies develop their own technology creates competition and brings us a better product in the end. Its just that it also makes it so hard to know when to pull the trigger because the next generation could be a million times better.

Personally speaking the rate at which technology is changing leaves me in a quandry... I have a hard time buying anything at all because I'm afraid of choosing the wrong thing and regretting it later. That's why I haven't had a video camera for the last 10 years, and that's why I'm still without a BD player. I tried the Samsung BDP 3600 for a while and LOVED the picture, but was underwhelmed by the build quality and the streaming feature had issue's. So I've been talking myself into the Oppo player because everyone raves about it, but I'm just so sure as soon as I pull the trigger... BAM, someone else is going to release something that's going to make the 83 obsolete!

If the new Denon has a halfway decent scaler, it might do just that. I dunno, perhaps I'm over thinking the situation, but I've been burned before, and it left a really sour taste in my mouth. \:\(

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD