I’ve done some more listening over the last couple days with the configuration unchanged from when I ran only 8 of the 32 possible measurements.

While using 8 measurements over three seats made a measurable improvement in the FR in all three seats the audible difference isn’t so clear. Remember that when I ran the AS-EQ1 on just one seat in the sweet spot the results were nothing short of fantastic both measured, and more important audibly. Over all three seats it’s almost impossible for me to tell the difference when it’s on or off even with music with lots of bass. The only time I can tell the difference is when sitting in the sweet spot playing drone music with a very heavy bass line and then only when I A/B between having the AS-EQ1 on or off.

Granted this was with only 8 measurements positions and my understanding is that the real strength of the AS-EQ 1 is in equalizing 2 subwoofers at the same time. Something which may not happen for a couple of weeks. I may or may not take the time to EQ for multiple seats using more measurements before then but would actually prefer to wait until Sean is here so we can do blind A/B comparisons.

I may however redo the calibration for the sweet spot alone since I really liked the sound of my system when I had done that before.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1