JC: I too have a question as I have been agonizing for over a year about this issue. I too listen to classical music. I have considered all options and have just about decided on the M60's (I don't like the extra expense for the M22 stands and I just like the look of the M60's and "feel" they would better integrate the frequency spectrum). I have about 2000 cu ft of space and the room is a rectangle with a up-sloping ceiling from 9-16 ft. I'll be sitting about 12 feet from the speakers and they will be aligned along the longer wall of the rectangle and I be be sitting just opposite the speakers. I am thinking that to get the maximum lows I'll use a sub as well...one that goes down to 18Hz should cover it and the sub may be used for an HT some day (Hsu VTF-2 MK3?). My present Speakerlab sub (circa 1979) goes down to about 25Hz. You mentioned a powerful amp...what do you consider powerful? I'm considering a Denon 2310 or 3310 or something similar. Any suggestions for other options? Please, all feel free to comment as well. Regards...Lee