Well, it's my turn to deal with the dreaded buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz from hell. Give me a hand here.

I just got my new Odyssey Stratos amp tonight. Wow...I've never seen an amp like this. It's huge, heavy, SOLID, and beautiful.

I unplugged the interconnects from my main L and R pre-outs from my processor that went to my Rotel 5 channel amp, and replaced them with a pair of interconnects going into the Statos. Plugged my M60's into the amp. Plugged the power cord into the Statos and then directly into the outlet on my wall, and finally flipped the switch on the back of the amp to "on". The Odyssey logo blinked on a nifty blue light. So far, so good. Then as I heard the amp itself "click" on, buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

@&^*%!

I tried putting the power cable through my RS surge protector, rather than to the wall directly, and this had no effect. I moved cords around to see if the buzz changed in loudness and/or tone - nothing. I unplugged my lamp that's in that same corner - nothing. I turned the volume on my processor all the way down, and the volume control on the processor has no effect on the level of the buzz. I tried playing a cd to see if the buzz would go away once it received a signal...nope. I can hear the buzz behind the music.

This is not subtle buzz. Using my handy dandy RS db meter, it measures approx. 54db!

Aaaarrrrggggg...