Originally Posted By: claysae
After much research and going back and forth I have narrowed it down to the following for my HT system:

Axiom: VP100, M22 and QS4

Ascend: CMT 340 L/C/R and HTM 200 surrounds

Tweat City: Pro 10 L/C/R Surrounds TBD

Room: 2500 - 3000^ft
AVR: Denon 790
Sub: LFM1+

Thoughts??

I'm going to go with 'B'.

......no no wait, ummm.... 'C'?

Hold on a sec.... perhaps 'A' would be my choice.

I hope that helps. \:\)

On a side note, after checking out the CMT-340 SE Mini-Towers I have to say, that is a smart looking speaker. Not that looks have anything to do with sound mind you, but I have really come to admire the look of those pointy dust caps on speakers such as these as well as others (most notably, Paradigm's). So I can't help but wonder, is there ANY audio advantage or disadvantage to incorporating those little pointy dust caps on the midrange speakers? Are they purely for asthetics and that's all?

The only reason I ask is because, while I know Axiom is not into gimmicks, I must say that in a side-by-side comparo between those CMT's and the Axioms, I can see where a lot of newbie's, who've never heard either might choose the CMT's simply because they look 'the business'. Not saying that's right, simply saying I can see it happening.

Which brings up my next question, what are dust caps even for? Traditional subwoofer speakers always had dust caps incorporated into the design. Most of todays subwoofer speakers (Axiom included) have axed them from their design. Personally, I love the look... much cleaner. So if they can remove them from subwoofer speakers, why not woofers and midrange speakers as well?

In my car I have MB Quart 'Q' series door speakers. They do not have dust caps. So obviously it's possible to remove them as well. So I ask, what the hell are they even for???

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD