Welcome to the forum!

3 identical speakers across the front does indeed sound the best, IMO but if you do not have enough space below or above the screen the VP100 or 150 are very good match for the M22. I have both of the VP series and there is very little difference between these two.

You say you are on a budget, I would suggest going with 2 M22's, a VP100(or another M22) and an EP350 and then add the surrounds when you can afford them later because bookshelf speakers can really use a good sub for the best sound possible and it will give the most bang for the buck when it comes to HT, IMO. If you look to the Factory Outlet you should be able to receive some substantial savings with 10% off and then add another 5% off if 5 or more items($35 or More) are ordered.

The best bang for the buck for cables would be Monoprice.com or Blue Jeans Cable. I would also suggest you look at Axiom's own cable as it of excellent quality for a reasonable price. Monster has some dubious marketing/business practices and their prices are very inflated for what you get.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70