Originally Posted By: kcarlile

You have the right of it. We're not Axiom representatives, and they use us as sounding boards. In the interest of full disclosure, I raised concerns about the drivers in the VP180 vs. the existing drivers. Of course, my fears were in the opposite direction. I wanted to be sure they weren't building the pre-order VP180s as v2s...

Thanks for clarifying the role of the customer council. I do think it somewhat natural that some people, especially those with lots of experience in other forums, might get confused as to what the customer council members are responsible for. Some forums use members as moderators and information conduits in their forums. Adding to the confusion there have been a couple comments from council members “hinting” at things to come which blurs the line between sounding-board and spokesman. IMO what is said in the council should stay in the council no exceptions.

I agree that your fears were warranted about the VP180 being released as a “v2.” I imagine most would prefer the most up-to-date speaker, however for those who preferred and ascetic match some discussion could have been avoided if the rollout had included some sort of comments about whether driver/grill matching would be accommodated. OTOH in the bigger scheme it’s probably a small issue.

Quote:

As for the auction stuff, I can see why Axiom's doing it, and they did discuss it with us. Someone's got to sell the old stuff, and there's been a lot of interest in a forum for buying and selling here.

Clearly the “trade-up” programs was no longer going to be viable and the auction does offer an alternative specific to Axiom as opposed to the larger online sales sites.

Who knows I might be able to pick up some more M80s on the cheap for wide, surround and back. Look out Onn I might be catching up with you. wink

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1