So, my lawn IMO is just doing ok. I, like most people, want a nice green lawn, and I do spend some time on it so I would like it to look nice.

About three weeks ago it was just kind of "meh" and only looked a semi healthy, and a little thin. So, I fertilized it. Now, about 80% of it is super lush and green and grows like mad. Problem is, some parts didn't really change, and are still a bit yellow and green. A few small spots I guess I put too much fertilizer and it turned brown (oops) but I have been watering those areas like crazy. For all I know the people walking their dogs are letting them pee on there too mad

So, here is the front patch by the road: Keep in mind I JUST cut this and the dark green areas grew about 2" in 4 days.

Now, the backyard is a little better.

The part above the wall I did not fertilize, so that is what it all looked like before. The part below, has been fertilized. The backyward does not have as many yellowish patches as the front, but has one largish one.

Here is the nicest part in the backyard which I only cut 4 days ago, and it's grown a ton:

Questions:

Should I apply more fertilizer to the yellow areas? I actually did once already but it didn't seem to do much.

Should I just dig up the brown spots and start over with mulch/fertilizer/sand or will they recover?

Thanks everyone grin