Originally Posted By: mpyw
Recently had been real busy at work due to some moron assigning moron's work to me...so there has not been time for sitting down to enjoy any movies...but have been fun watching some comedy drama with with on DVD (YES, it's SD DVD!), and it's on stereo only.

So, I've been thinking would any of you guys will just get fedup, with the setup you have but really got no time to enjoy it, would you just thinking of get rid of them and get a simple HTiB and get on with life with more empty space in the living room?

I told my wife that and she said I am crazy....

Whaddya tryin to get banned or something?? grin

Seriously, though, that kind of question on this forum (or any other A/V forum) is pretty much going to get you the same predictable responses. I'm with everyone else and say you're nuts, but I do realize that HT/music isn't everyone's cup of tea, so do what makes you happy.

If the experience of a good sounding movie/soundtrack/music CD just doesn't do anything for you, then maybe a HTIB is all you need. Or, if just seeing all that nice equipment sitting around being under-utilized really does stress you out to the point where it affects your quality / enjoyment of life, and you feel strongly that seeing more empty space instead will actually help improve your quality/enjoyment of life, then a HTIB is probably all you need.

If you do, OTHO, have any appreciation for the occasional good movie/soundtrack/music CD, then I think you will regret getting rid your setup.