Guys, you can argument all you want, but IMO, and in others, that have run a little bit into this field, these prices are high...period...here is the list of them...

- tweeter: $58.00
- mid: $62.00
- woofer reg. : $83.00 . . . die cast : $108.00
- crossover : $132.00

According to my little experience and my previous purchases, and not trying to play smart here, just being realistic, a very reasonable price for this tweeter will be no more than $20-25...I encourage anybody to sell one alone for that price to see how many you will sell, honestly I doubt they will sell any...The mids no more than $30.00 and the woofers $30-45, any version, regular baskets sound as good as die cast nowadays if well designed...
Any software to design a crossover or even if you commission any audio guru to design them for you, will cost you less, part for those will not cost you an arm and a leg either. I replaced all the parts in my previous crossovers in the M3ti and the parts were real cheap, nothing like a good mill non inductive resistor, or any fancy audiophile grade cap there enither...I replaced all of the parts from under 25 bucks shipped...did they sounded better after? Probably not, but at least I feel I was using a better product...

I do not think that there is any other reason behind those prices, other than to discourage people from the upgrades...of course that is a right they have, and we all take it or leave it, but I will never get drivers at those prices for sure, if any of mine blow away after warranty, and I hope not, I will rather replace all of them by other drivers, rather than paying those prices for proprietary drivers with no known specs...

They are not the most expensive drivers ever, of course, but they are not cheap at all, and the there are other alternatives for those drivers that may sound as good (if not better) for less...as i said before, I have never paid more than 25 for a good tweeter, and have heard quite a few, of course you can pay up to 200 for them as well, but are not in that same league, just compare prices with similar drivers and you will have your numbers...

Having said that all that rest to me is again thanks Axiom for the sound, they do sound good, that is true and they offer very good value for the money, I'm as satisfied with my V2 as the same day I got them, can I upgrade them? Well probably yes, but not at that price point...unless a DIY or any custom project and I do not have the time nor the space tools for that neither...But do not forget that you get what you paid for, in some cases with more fairness than in others, and in the case of Axiom I do consider that I paid a very fair price for them, to the point, that rather than upgrading to any other brand I was thinking in keeping things in tha house and upgrade this to the V3, unfortunately for us, not an option at these prices...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!