I'm with Mark, Michael and Tom and I have a v3 VP180 incorporated with v2 M80s and QS8s that to my ordinary ears sounds absolutely incredible as a whole system. Not once, for even a millisecond has the thought entered my mind that the VP180 center was sonically in a different class than the rest of my system nor have I noticed any obvious differences other than the silver domes and magnetic grills, which, if you leave the grills on like myself you'll very seldom even see those differences.

My personal opinion only...

I'm inclined to believe a little bit of the review Ian posted from whoever it was who reviewed the v3 speakers was a wee bit over the top regarding the vast differences between the new and old versions and some folks have taken the review as an axe to start chopping trees, myself included at first.

I am absolutely happy with my Axiom speakers and if the wife ever lets me spend any money whenever I decide to upgrade, it will primarily be to a nicer finish because like Michael, I wouldn't care if the speakers were version 3 or 10.

Rick
Our Room

smile