I just came across this comparison on the Audioholic website. I don't know if some of you already saw this but here's the link:
http://www.audioholics.com/reviews/speakers/floorstanding/2010-1k-faceoff

Of the 5 speakers tested, I've heard the Axioms at the Axiom facility, the Klipsch at FS and the JBL at AudioVideo 2001.

Contrary to a lot of people, I don't necessarily mind the horn tweeters. Even though the listening conditions were not ideal, what I've found lacking on the Klipsch was the midrange. The bass was not extremely good but was decent (as opposed to the RF82s where I found the bass to very boomy) and of course the highs where, well.... Klipsch.
When I heard the JBLs, I was extremely surprised. I remembered hearing JBL in the past and didn't like the sound to much, at least not for home listening, I would picture them more for live performance. These ones sounded very nice, the imaging and soundstage where very good, as good as the M60s if not better, I found the bass to be very good as well, better than the M60s but not as good as the M80s. I found the M60s to be a bit more accurate and sounding better around the midrange area.

I would have been happy with either the M60s or the JBLs, not that much with the Klipsch due to the lack of mids, but that could have been also due to listening at FS.

Last edited by bdpf; 07/23/10 12:05 AM.

Bruno
M80s/VP180/QS8s/EP600/AVR-890
------------------------------------
"The problem is choice..."