I was looking at a house last night for when we move (hopefully soon) and there is a nice area in the basement for a home theater, the problem is that the screen would need to go where the power panel is. I have a nice Carada fixed screen, so it isn't something that I want to have to take down in case something "pops".

Ideas?

The unfinished room is 18' x 13'. I don't want to go with a "wide" theater if I can avoid it as I've been 12' from my screen before and I like the 14' distance I have now.

The only thing that I thought of would be something with a false wall or something so that at least the screen isn't right on top of the panel, but I hadn't even worked out the details of how to make it work with some sort of access or something. Plus that starts to eat away at the size of the room. Probably less than ideal.

Maybe hire someone to relocate the panel? But I have no idea how much that would cost. I like that the panel is in the basement because then I could run a dedicated circuit just for the theater.

Ideas?

Farewell - June 4, 2020